Well, it was a very hot and humid weekend here in the Chicago suburbs, but I managed to complete my CJ disassembly. Removed the Engine and trans, and the tub all by myself. Well I had a cherry picker doing the heavy lifting. To the man that invented the reciprocating saw… THANK YOU. While trying to remove the body mounting bolts I found that the rust had eaten through so bad they would just spin in place! So I strapped it to the picker and started cutting through them. Finally got it out of the way and on the trailer. I unfortunatly found some rust holes through the frame, but luckily the frame is in pretty ok shape except in the very back, which will be easy to cut off and repair. Here are the picks!
A few shots of the TUB shows the current rust situation, leading me to get a new tub. Found one in Cali, original CJ7 no rust. Ordered it and trying to find someone to deliver it fo a reasonable price. Original price to ship is 900.00!
The motor and Trans
The rusted frame section.
So its time to repair the frame, and start ordering parts! I will create a seperate link to each part as I install or reapir different parts. So you can easily find pictures and information on each step.